VP Quality/Risk Management (Belton, MO)
PLS DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED WITH THE HOSPITAL DIRECTLY.
VP Quality/Risk Management
Regional Medical Center
Location: Belton, MO, United States
Schedule: Full-time • No Weekends
Directors and Managers
Serving as a member of the Senior Leadership team, the Vice President of Quality assumes responsibility for ensuring continual survey readiness and organizational compliance with all regulatory agencies, not limited to TJC and CMS. This position is responsible for the design, implementation and oversight of a comprehensive, interdisciplinary hospital wide system to measure, assess, and improve clinical and non-clinical outcomes consistent with the hospital’s mission and strategic plan. This position is responsible for leading the organization’s infection control outcomes, HCAHPS initiatives, and process improvements activities. This position is responsible for overseeing the facility’s Risk management program, monitoring incident reporting and address below standard of care occurrences at facility to ensure high quality health care. This position provides guidance and facilitates integration and communication of proactive safety plan to reduce risk within the organization and collaborates with senior management and all hospital departments to identify safety/risk issues and address appropriately as needed. This position monitors and addresses facility claims and facilitate the Premium Credit Program to help reduce and limit medical malpractice liability and associated costs.
1. Continuously assesses their department’s performance and accuracy, making recommendations and adjustments where necessary to adhere to quality control and regulatory standards
2. In collaboration with senior leaders, formulates strategies for the improvement of quality and safety, monitoring outcomes and making adjustments as needed.
3. Assumes responsibility for the timely acquisition, validation and reporting of all quality and safety data
4. Working closely with the leadership and medical staff, provides guidance and facilitates integration and communication of proactive safety plans to reduce risk within the organization
5. Assumes responsibility for the verification and orientation of licensed independent practitioners, ensuring competence and privileges prior to practice
6. Assumes responsibility for maintaining appropriate staffing levels to provide effective service, while meeting labor targets
7. Other duties as assigned
8. Demonstrates working knowledge of AIDET, utilizing with each patient interaction
9. Regular, reliable attendance is required to ensure the highest level of patient care
10. Follows hospital safety and quality standards and expectations, as it pertains to job performance and patient care
11. Behavior demonstrates understanding and adherence to Belton Regional Medical Center’s ICARE values:
o Perform all daily activities with INTEGRITY
o Show COMPASSION in all interactions
o ALWAYS deliver the highest level of patient care and customer satisfaction, every time
o Exhibit RESPECT to self and others
o Work to achieve the highest standards of EXCELLENCE
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
•Ability to make sound recommendations based on statistical data analysis
•Possess the ability to effectively lead a team, including strong influencing skills to influence the organization
•Strong understanding of infection control, patient rights and performance improvement methods
•Ability to perform in a high-stress environment
•Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
•Current state of Missouri RN licensure or Compact license required.
•Bachelor’s degree required.
•Certification in Risk Management within 2 years.
•Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred and Clinical Background preferred.
•Two years’ experience in quality management of performance
Sign-On Bonus: Negotiated at time of Offer
Salary Range: $40.71-$63.10