RN Operating Room (Tallahassee, FL)
PLS DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED WITH THE HOSPITAL DIRECTLY.
PERM FULL TIME-RN Operating Room- Tallahassee, FL
The hospital is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Unit Description: Surgical Services provides preoperative, perioperative and postoperative care for adult and pediatric patients, (no less than 3 months or 10 lbs). The operating suite consists of nine suites. The operating suite is open from 6:00am to 11:00pm Monday through Friday, and on call all other hours. Procedures performed in the Operating Room include general, ENT, oral, thoracic, vascular, urological, orthopedic, gynecological, cardiovascular and neurosurgical. Cases are pre-scheduled elective, urgent, and emergent. General, regional, moderate and local anesthesia is available. Patient care is provided under the direction of a nursing director, with responsibility and authority to carry out all established policies, and for providing overall direction in the quality, safety, and appropriateness of patient care provided.
Position Summary: Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
Your benefits include:
• Paid Time Off
• Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee discount program
• Employee stock purchase program
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
· Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
· BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required
· ACLS & PALS required (Same Day Surgery)
· CNOR preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· Minimum 1 year previous perioperative experience or completion of Perioperative Nursing course preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
· Knowledge of body substance isolation
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Basic computer skills
• MUST HAVE at least 1 year in the OR
• 10 rooms
• Biggest need is 2nd shift (M-F): 12-8, 3-11, but will still consider a good OR nurse if they want days
• CALL REQUIRED- must be within 30 min of the facility when on call
• On call about 7 days a month
• 2 circulator roles open
• Looking for candidates with good retention
Sal Range: $25 (1 year)- $36 (max) depending on experience
On call pay is $3.00/hr for the hours on call and time and a half for the hours they work when called in
• Specialty pay: extra $2.50 per hour on top of base
• Sign on: Offering a $10000 sign on bonus for all FT RN’s with 1+ year of direct acute care experience (They must have one year acute care (hospital experience), no LTC or outpatient. It can be anytime in their career)
• Relo: NO