RN New Grad - Med Surg/PCU (Kissimmee, FL)
PLS DO NOT APPLY WITH ME IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED WITH THE HOSPITAL DIRECTLY.
PERM FULL TIME-RN New Grad- Kissimmee, FL
Come and join our RN Residency Program! We invite new graduate RN's to apply for this unique opportunity.
The RN/Residency is a yearlong residency which begins with a 10-16 week (depending on specialty), PAID Classroom/Preceptorship program. It allows new graduate nurses to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program. Open positions will vary throughout the year, and positions will be offered based on needs of the hospital, but units that typically hire RN residents include:
• Medical Surgical
Part 1: RN Residency Training – First 5-8 Weeks (depending on specialty):
• Instructor-led classroom training
• State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
• Certifications needed for each unit
• Training on charting systems
• The schedule is typically Monday-Friday, with 40 hour work weeks (8 hour days)
Part 2: RN Clinical Preceptorship – Next 7-8 Weeks (depending on specialty):
• Conducted at the hospital
• You will be assigned a one-on-one preceptor to train you and acclimate you to your role
• Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
• Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
• The schedule is typically three (3) 12 hour shifts at the hospital
Part 3: Residency Program – Remainder of your 1st year
• Upon successful completion of the RN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital and continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
• Complete an evidence-based capstone project
• Current Florida RN license or Multi-state Compact RN license
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, within past 1 year
• Program acceptance requires a two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the 2 year commitment is fulfilled, they may be required to meet a monetary responsibility.
• Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
• Attendance is imperative throughout the RN Residency Training program
You are more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar: (benefits start once training/ preceptorship is complete)
• Paid Family Leave
• 401k Match
• Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Student Loan Assistance
• And more!
• New grads accepted with or without RN Lic
• Will accept corrections/ home health/ LTAC exp
• Looking for candidates with high energy/ passion/ and open to learning
• For RNs in the Orlando market, it is a requirement that students graduate from an ACEN or CCNE accredited school
Pay Rates During Training:
*Rate increases after training depending on exp (1 year added to overall exp after training is complete)
• Medical Surgical- 24.51
• PCU- 25.44
Sign on/ Relo- 5k (2 year commitment)(paid out once training/ preceptorship is complete)
• Program acceptance requires a two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the 2 year commitment is fulfilled, they may be required to meet a monetary responsibility. (10k)
Nurse Specialty Program Length Program Schedule
Combo - MST/Telemetry Track 11 Weeks 5 Weeks Didactic + 6 Weeks Preceptorship
Combo - Critical Care Track 13 Weeks 6 Weeks Didactic + 7 Weeks Preceptorship
ED – Standalone (10+) 14 Weeks 7 Weeks Didactic + 7 Weeks Preceptorship
Market Cohort Start Date
MUST HAVE QUESTIONS AT TIME OF SUBMITTAL:
Current Question Set
1. When did you graduate nursing school? What school? And what degree level did you obtain (ADN, BSN...)?
2. Do you already have your RN license in the state of Florida? If yes, when did you receive it? If no, when do you take the NCLEX?
3. Why are you interested in working at ________________________________ ?
4. Have you ever been employed by another healthcare organization or facility)? Have you ever interviewed with us?
5. Do you have any experience working in healthcare, outside of schooling? (Roles such as: RN, LPN, CNA, RT, Surg Tech etc). (Note: prior experience is NOT required for this program!)
6. All learners who successfully complete the RN Program will transition into an available RN position at the hospital with a two year commitment. Are you able to agree to these terms?
7. If selected for the program, are you willing and able to be flexible regarding unit and shift placement? Do you have a unit and/or shift preference?
8. Career development is a big part of our culture at this organization. Where do you see yourself growing as your RN career progresses? How can this RN Residency Program get you there?
9. If you would like to record a brief conclusion - you may do so here!