RN New Grad (Brooksville, FL)
PLS DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED WITH THE HOSPITAL DIRECTLY.
New Graduate Nurse Residency Program-Full Time-Brooksville, FL
Shift: Full Time-Mixed (Rotating Weekends)
The Hospital is a 350-bed Healthcare facility located in Brooksville, Florida. The hospital offers a range of comprehensive and specialty services, including pediatric emergency care, cancer care, and robotic assisted surgery.
The facility has earned many awards and accreditations, such as certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and the American Heart Association's Fit-Friendly Company Gold Award. Staff members say the strong teamwork, friendly colleagues, and commitment to excellent care make this Hospital a great place to work.
The Nurse Residency Program will provide education, support and guidance to new graduate nurses as they begin their careers in Healthcare hospitals. It is a yearlong, extensive clinical orientation and professional development curriculum for new graduate nurses that culminates in an evidence-based capstone project.
The Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment.
The Program will assist the graduate nurse with the transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
• Introduces nurses to core curriculum and hospital initiatives in a classroom setting
Simulation training (Bradenton, FL - Hotel accommodation/mileage reimbursement provided during training):
• Reinforces nursing skills learned in a didactic setting
Hands on training:
• Preceptorship training with a facility preceptor in the nursing unit
Specialty areas covered:
• Inpatient Rehab units.
Cohort Start Dates:
• The typical schedule during the first portion of the Program is Monday through Friday, 8-hours a day, 40 hours a week but can also include a weekend day during the holidays.
• The preceptorship portion of the program consists of three 12-hour shifts per week and every other weekend at the hospital, following the preceptor’s schedule.
• Certifications achieved: BLS, ACLS, CPI, EKG, NIH Stroke Scale, and Meditech Modules.
• Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
• Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time commitment to the hospital. Residents may be obligated to repay a pro‐rated portion of the educational costs should they break that commitment.
• Professional Development Program (remainder of the 1st year):
• Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization into the culture of professional nursing
• Frequent resident seminars following a core curriculum for professional development
• Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation
• Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
• Recent graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 12-months.
• Current FL RN license required prior to program start or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
• Previous medical or service industry experience highly desired, but not required.
• Self-motivated and strong communication skills required.
• Candidates who will love our patients are preferred!
The following questions MUST be inclusive upon candidate submission:
• Why are you applying to this program?
• Specialty preference?
• Unit/Shift preference
• Why Nursing?
• Short/long term goals?
• Level 2 Trauma
• Non-Accredited Nursing School Candidates Accepted
• Open to considering candidates from non-acute care settings.
• (Different lines of Non Acute Care Nursing care)
• Non Specialty areas are more in need for residency candidates.
• Cannot have fears of Covid
• Can eventually cross train into other specialty areas.
The following are the track lengths for the remaining cohorts in WFL:
Med/Surg/Tele, PCU, Ortho/Neuro, Stepdown, Inpatient Rehab units – 10 weeks (5/5)
ICU – 13 weeks (6/7)
Part 1: RN Residency Training
Part 2: RN Residency Clinical Preceptorship
Sign on/ Relo- (paid out once training/ preceptorship is complete)
Salary Range: Med surge & PCU $25.88 – ICU $26.86 – Specialty $28.47
Shift Differentials: $4.50 Nights - $1.50 Weekends
Sign On Bonus: $5K (With a 2 Year Commitment)
Relocation Assistance: Case by Case Basis for Out of State Candidates.