RN Liver Transplant Coordinator (Largo. FL)
PLS DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED WITH THE HOSPITAL DIRECTLY.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits will include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment (available for select roles and facilities), an employee discount program and more. Choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan that will best suit your needs.
This Medical Center is a dynamic, 425-bed teaching hospital with 12 residency programs. It consists of three campuses which offer one of the most comprehensive complements of services for patients in Tampa Bay. Since 1978, this Medical Center has thrived due to a strong focus on growth, technological innovation, and excellence in care. Conveniently located in Largo, Florida - south of Clearwater and north of St. Petersburg - our location makes for a perfect coastal lifestyle!
Opened in 2015, the Transplant Institute of Florida (TIF) at this Medical Center was the first transplant program in Pinellas County. Since its inception, the program has assisted in increasing local public organ donation awareness and education, reducing wait times for patients on multiple wait lists, and shortening travel times for transplant candidates in our greater Pinellas County area (and beyond). Initially specializing in adult kidney transplants, the Transplant Institute of Florida at Largo Medical Center expanded its program in 2016 to include specialized liver transplant services.
The Liver Transplant Coordinator is a Registered Nurse who plans, coordinates, and implements the care of the liver failure patient and the pre- & post-liver transplant patient, as applicable, in both the in-patient and out-patient settings in accordance with the nursing process. This position consists of a regular Monday-Friday schedule with on-call requirements.
The Healthcare organization is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility-based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten hospitals in this organization have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Experience a higher degree of patient care at this Medical Center, part of the West and Central Florida hospital system. Our 455-bed acute care teaching hospital with 12 residency programs consists of three campuses, offering one of the most comprehensive complements of services for patients in Tampa Bay. Conveniently located in Largo, Florida - south of Clearwater and north of St. Petersburg - our location makes for a perfect coastal lifestyle!
At this healthcare organization, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, this organization has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. Unlock unlimited career possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Nursing Diploma or ASN; BSN preferred.
• Current Florida RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
• Current BLS Certification from the American Heart Association required.
• Current American Heart Association ACLS certification preferred (required within 6 months of hire).
• Minimum of two years of related experience in an acute care setting preferred.
• Prior Transplant Coordinator experience highly preferred.
• Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel and Transplant Database experience preferred.
· Shifts (starting and ending): Monday- Friday 8a- 4:30p
· Must have experience – (willing to cross train?)- Transplant experience is a huge plus, but will consider without exp for the right candidate. With less experience would start with running application/ resume past with the hiring manager first. Generally with start with a screening call with the hiring manager. The liver coordinator will be responsible for learning all aspects of transplant coordination including pre and post care.
· Each coordinator covers 20 active evaluation patients at a time + 50 wait list patient typically.
On call? Frequency of on call? On call Pay? On call would be 1 to 2 weeks a month and on call work is 99% completed at home if not during normal working hours and consists of organ call offers (this aspect may be going away shortly but I don’t have anything final on that yet) and post liver triage. I would say that on average less than 25% of on call time is spent working. $3.50 an hour for on call.
SIGN ON : $10,000 (2 year commitment) or $15,000 (3 year commitment)
Relo: Yes, available (with CFO approval)- 100-500 miles= $2,500 and 500 miles += $5,000
Shift Diffs: Really applicable to on call rates, but nights $4.50 an hour and weekends $1.50 an hour.