OR Tech First Assist (Tampa, FL)
PLS DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED WITH THE HOSPITAL DIRECTLY.
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Our Surgical Service teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
At this Healthcare organization, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, this organization has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage including dental plans that best meet your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment available for select roles and facilities.
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
• Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
• Prepares sterile instrument table.
• Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
• Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
• Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
• Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
• Positions patient according to type of surgery.
• Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
• Maintains work area.
• Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
• Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program required.
• Certification as a Surgical Technologist required. (CAAHEP, NCCT, NBSTSA)
• Hospital based Surgical Tech experience preferred.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
The Hospital for Endocrine Surgery, a campus of the Hospital. When completed later this year, clinicians at the new 75,000 square foot facility will provide highly specialized treatments and services for endocrine tumors, including thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal tumors and cancers. The hospital was designed, alongside experts, to provide compassionate and efficient care to those patients seeking specialized endocrine surgery. This facility will offer endocrinologists and other physicians a single center where they can refer their patients with endocrine tumors of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands for surgery, regardless of the complexity.
The new program will include 16 private patient rooms and eight operating rooms supported by 38 pre/post-surgery bays. Significant infrastructure upgrades will support the thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal tumor programs, including radiology, nuclear medicine, laboratory and pathology – all with an emphasis on endocrine tumor diagnosis and treatment.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
· Shift times: Days
· Must have experience – Yes, 1 year at least
· Unit Beds/ rooms: OR Techs – 8 ORs
On call? YES Overnight and weekend call rotates -- Pay Rate- $4.00
Must be within 30 mins to take call
SIGN ON : Varies 10,000 – 15,000 Certified OR Techs only (not FA)
Relo: Varies $1500 to $3500
Shift Diffs: Eve 1.50