Medical Technologist (Kissimmee, FL)
PLS DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED WITH ANY HCA FACILITIES OR HCA RECRUITERS DIRECTLY WITHIN THE PAST 6 MONTHS.
PERM FULL TIME-Medical Technologist- Kissimmee, FL
We are seeking a dynamic motivated hospital based Medical Technologist like you to join our organization.
The Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 404-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. The Medical Center is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana.
We are committed to continually enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services to include: Emergency Care, Trauma Care, Pediatric ER, Heart & Vascular Institute, Comprehensive Stroke Center, and The Baby Suites maternity care, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level II, Women’s Services, Behavioral Health, Orthopedics & Spine and a Graduate Medical Education Program. We also expand our care to the community with our freestanding Emergency Department at Hunter’s Creek ER.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a Medical Technologist, you will perform stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which individual and department are licensed under the direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director. You will perform duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements and apply theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine using independent judgement to ensure timely and accurate results. You will perform non-technical duties including, but not limited to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the department as required. The Medical Technologist I supports the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
• Become proficient with information system computer functions relative to job duties
• Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the performance of accurate and timely laboratory testing
• Work in an organized manner and perform according to section procedure manual so that other personnel can follow workflow
• Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame
• Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor
• Consistently complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
• Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
• Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (including performing delta checks, etc.)
• Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief
• Perform quality control procedures per protocol and completes necessary documentation
• Assure that quality control results are within acceptable guidelines and parameters
• Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines
• Assist supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.)
• Operate all equipment correctly and perform periodic maintenance according to schedule
• Demonstrate the ability to perform equipment troubleshooting to resolve basic equipment malfunctions
• Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories and utilize them appropriately
• Maintain education and development appropriate for position
• Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results according to established procedures and in a timely manner
• Ensure quality and accuracy of work meets standards
You Should Have:
• A 2 Year/Associate Degree in Science is required
• A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology preferred
• A State of Florida Technologist License OR the ability to obtain the license during the interview process
• 1-3 years of previous experience in clinical laboratory setting
• You should have availability to work during disasters
• The ability to frequently stand, bend, reach, squat, kneel, move, and lift patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
The Healthcare organization ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, the Healthcare organization has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 List. Join our tradition of excellence! We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Are you intrigued?
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing so apply today. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Open to NEW GRADS!
• Must have started on FL license to submit
• Key titles to search for Medical Technologist/ Medical Lab Scientist/ Clinical Lab Scientist/Medical Laboratory Technologist
• Hospital does a lot of blood banking
• Nights ONLY
Medical Technologist - NIGHT 2130-0600 HOSPITAL 5DAYS WK
Medical Technologist - FSED NIGHT 1830-0700 3DAYS WK (12HR SHIFT)
Medical Technologist - NIGHT 2130-0600 HOSPITAL 5 DAYS WK
Medical Technologist - FSED HC NIGHT 1830-0700 3 DAYS WK
Busy hospital/ High volume
Sal Range: 22.66 MIN- 27.76 mid- 32 MAX
NIGHT DIFF: $4.00
Weekend Shift diff: $1.25
Sign on: 5K
Relo: would need approval if Relo is needed