Medical Laboratory Scientists (Brevard, NC)
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE SERIOUS TO ACCEPT AN OFFER RIGHT AWAY. PROMPT REPLY NEEDED WHEN COMMUNICATED.
Medical Laboratory Scientist
Brevard, NC, United States
Full-time • Eves 7-10 Hrs/Wkends Rotate
This position is eligible for a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus, payable in your first paycheck with a two year commitment to Mission Health System.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At the Hospital, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
• Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
• 401k retirement plan
• Identify Theft Protection
• Pet Insurance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
• Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
• Tuition reimbursement
• Student loan assistance program
• Employee discount program and lots more!
Come join our team as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Laboratory Technician. We care for our community! Just last year, The Healthcare organization and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Job Summary: Performs both routine and complex lab analyses and/or identification procedures on blood, tissue, and body fluids with minimal supervision in a hospital setting. Assists management in monitoring quality control data to ensure results or procedures are accurate and precise.
What qualifications you will need:
• Required Education: Bachelors or Associates degree in Clinical Laboratory Science from an accredited institution.
• Required License: Certified by ASCP, HEW, AMT, or NCA. ASCP Certification or equivalent certification by a nationally recognized board/agency as a Medical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Technologist, or Medical Laboratory Technician. If not certified at time of hire, must be registry eligible and become certified by ASCP (or equivalent nationally recognized board/agency) within one year.
• Required Experience: Clinical rotation as Medical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician student.
• Preferred Experience: One year post graduate clinical laboratory experience
The Hospital, located in North Carolina, serves as the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care in western North Carolina and the adjoining region. Mission Hospital is licensed for more than 800 beds and houses the region’s only dedicated Level II trauma center. It also includes the Children’s Hospital – the region’s only children’s hospital. The flagship Hospital has been consistently ranked as one of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. The Hospital, a member of an operating division of the big Healthcare organization.
5,000 sign on bonus for full-time positions. Additional Relocation Assistance may be considered. Shift Differentials are competitive.
What outside of the job description are you looking for in a candidate? Teamwork, flexibility, phlebotomy skills, positive attitude, keeps the patient at the center of all work decisions
Will consider new grads. Will accept pending license and /or must be eligible to sit for exam and obtain ASCP certification within a 1 year time frame.
Mid-Range and Max for Perm: