Grad Nurse Residency (Denver, CO)
PLS DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED WITH THE HOSPITAL DIRECTLY.
Graduate Nurse Residency
Shift: Full-Time, Night Shift (Rotating Weekends)
Facility Based Description
With a generation of caring for the communities of north Denver, the Medical Center has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. The Medical Center leads the north Denver area in Core Measure quality ratings and is one of just two hospitals in the state of Colorado to be named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission each of the last five years.
As a Graduate Nurse Resident:
· You will enjoy meaningful learning opportunities and networking opportunities with your peers in a cohort setting
· You will complete new employee orientation and unit orientation (10 – 12 weeks)
· You will complete 5-6 weeks didactic training including clinical orientation, relevant certification courses, high-fidelity simulation, Meditech EMR training, and a variety of e-learning. Your schedule will be Monday-Friday 40 hours per week during this time
· You will complete 5-6 weeks clinical training on the unit with a dedicated preceptor. Your schedule 32 hours per week, working on your preceptor’s schedule
2022 Cohort Starts and Application Timelines
March 7, 14, 21
· Interviews taking place November through February
· Ideal for December 2021 graduates or earlier
· Open units include: Med/Surg, Med/Tele Cardiac, Ortho, Spine, Neuro, Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant, Critical Care, Complex Surgical Transplant, Step Down Unit, Acute Rehab, Behavioral Health, PACU, and more
· CANADIAN STUDENTS ACCEPTED!
· VISA SPONSORSHIP OFFERED FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS THAT GRADUATED FROM AN ACCREDITED NURSING PROGRAM WITHIN THE UNITED STATES (*excluding nationals from India and China*)
· You will need your current nursing degree (associates or bachelors) by the start date
· You will need your passing NCLEX results by the start date
· You must not have any current or prior experience working as an acute care hospital Registered Nurse
· You must be flexible to work either day or night shift as the unit-specific needs vary
· You must be flexible to commit to a full time Registered Nurse position with the organization’s hospital for a two year commitment period
· All the organization’s colleagues, providers, students, residents, and contractors are required to adhere to the state mandate regarding the COVID-19 vaccine by October 31, 2021. To comply you must be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious/health exemption in order to begin employment.
Hourly Wage Estimate: $29.50/hour
Shift Differentials: $5.50/Nights & $2.00/Weekends
$3,000 Sign-On Bonus
$5,000 Relocation for Qualified Candidates