Director of Emergency Services (Jacksonville, FL)
PLS DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED WITH THE HOSPITAL DIRECTLY.
Director Emergency Services - Jacksonville, FL
Full-time • No Weekends
***Completed Surgery Service Line Leader Candidate Presentation Form required***
For over 45 years, the Hospital of Jacksonville has been a leader in providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida. The Hospital is a 454-bed acute care hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, and Memorial’s maternity center, Special Beginnings.
The Director of Emergency Services Department assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department.
• Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
• Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
• Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
• Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
• Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
• Develops and builds strategic external networks.
• Supports the organization by Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in nursing required
• Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
• 3+ years of experience in emergency services required3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
• Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required
• Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
• Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred
•106 K ER – 3 FSEDs
•Main ER – Over 80k
•Level 2 trauma center
•Brand New ER
•FTE’s - 80
•Dedicated Psych area
•Big ER – a lot of holds
Ideal Experience and Competency
• Experience goes a long way
• Needs to understand metrics
• Empathetic leader
• Can hold ee’s accountable
• Would love to see someone with trauma experience
Compensation: $130K - $140K. Up to 15% annual performance incentive. Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates