Director Case Management (Gainesville, FL)
PLS DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED WITH THE HOSPITAL DIRECTLY.
SHIFT: No Weekends
RN Director of Case Management
Full-time (FTE 1.0)
Regional Medical Center
The Regional Medical Center is a 510-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida for over 49 years. The facility offers comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, women’s health and wound therapy, among other services. The facility is fully accredited by the Joint Commission, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC (American College of Cardiology), and is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery. The facility has also received the highest scores available recognizing their commitment to patient safety and quality of care.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At this Healthcare organization, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Student Loan Repayment*
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
Coordinates hospital-wide case management functions including assessment, improvement activities, regulatory and accreditation surveys and compliance, appropriate admissions/status, and length of stay. Collects and reviews data from internal and external sources to evaluate the quality of case management functions in collaboration with the medical staff, departmental directors and hospital leadership. Retrieves, communicates, and presents information in a written auditory, visual fashion, as needed. Responsible for overall collaborative coordination, with leadership members, for hospital-wide case management activities, and coordination of care. Collaborates with department managers, senior leadership, and employees through assessment of patient learning needs and discharge planning, designing, implementing and evaluating case management activities.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinates the collaborative case management process.
• Assists with providing statistical data for Medical Staff Committees as requested, related to Utilization Review Management.
• Prepares reports for committees in cooperation with the Chair of the URM committee.
• Monitors qualitative/quantitative indicators per InterQual criteria, appropriateness of admissions and utilization of resources.
• Analyses data for trends of improvement and/or areas of concern and recommends appropriate actions related to case management throughout the continuum of care.
• Maintains mechanism to follow-up on areas of concern.
• Reviews patient records as requested for QI issues.
• Monitors for JCAHO, state and regulatory compliance related to Case management.
• FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire
• CCM Certification is preferred
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing as an RN required; BSN, MSN, or MBA degree in related field preferred
• 5 to 8 years related case management experience; Minimum of 3 years hospital acute care case management experience
• Successful leadership/management experience within matrixed, corporate organizations
• Demonstrated success and abilities in leadership, achieving results, communications, customer service and health care management
• Demonstrates assertive and diplomatic communication skills with a leadership style that initiates engagement, collaboration and direction with clearly defined expectations
• Demonstrated results in the implementation of length of stay reduction and accountable reporting through metrics
•FTEs : 35-40 social workers and case managers
•Must have at least _3+ years of case management exp as a manager/Dir level
•Must be a RN with BSN
•Reports to Stewart Whitmore, CFO
Salary Range $88K min K - $118 max K Based on years of experience
**Up To 15% bonus annual bonus, based on performance KPI’s
Sign On Bonus: Case by Case Basis
Relocation Assistance: Yes, amount to be determined by distance.